Arugula, Fennel, and Citrus Salad
Updated: Nov 10, 2021
A delicious side salad recipe!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4-5 side servings
6 cups of arugula (~1 whole bag of Trader Joe's organic arugula)
1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
2 large oranges
1/4 cup of toasted slivered almonds (or chopped whole almonds)
1/8 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice (from segmenting oranges-read directions)
1 tablespoon of honey
1/8 cup of apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper, to taste
1. Segment the oranges and save the leftover juice for the dressing. (Click here to watch how to segment citrus fruits.)
2. Remove the stems and leaves of the funnel and chop into thin slices.
3. Heat up a small pan on medium-low heat, add the almonds, and toast for 1-3 minutes or until fragrant.
4. Add all the dressing ingredients in a container and whisk until combined.
5. Combine all the salad ingredients in a bowl. Pour about 1/4 cup of the dressing and toss until combined. Enjoy!
Credit: Against all Grain- Summertime Arugula Fennel and Citrus Salad
Credit URL: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/06/01/summertime-arugula-fennel-and-citrus-salad/