Easy Veggie Pasta
Updated: Nov 17, 2021
You can have this as a side or you can add some protein (plant-based or animal) to have a complete and balanced meal. Either way, it's an easy go-to meal!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4-5 side servings
2 cups of pasta (I used gluten-free quinoa and brown rice)
1/2 small onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 Tbsp of coconut or avocado oil
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
6-8 mushroom, chopped
3/4-1 cup of marinara sauce
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp red chili flakes
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
salt & pepper, to taste
2-3 tsp nutritional yeast (or goat/sheep cheese)
1. Prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Meanwhile, chop all the veggies.
2. In a saucepan, heat oil and on medium heat sauté the onions until translucent.
3. Then add the chopped bell pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Next, add the mushrooms and cook until tender about 4-5 minutes.
5. Add oregano, basil, red chili flakes, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper, and garlic and sauté for 30-60 seconds.
6. Then add the chopped zucchini and cook until tender.
7. Add the marinara sauce to heat up. Optional: add a splash of rice milk or a sprinkle of coconut sugar to sweeten it.
8. Lastly, add the drained pasta to the pan and mix well. Turn off heat, add nutritional yeast/cheese and salt & pepper, if needed. Serve warm and enjoy!
Note: Feel free to use any veggies you have on hand!