Energy Date Bites (Vegan and Paleo)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yields: about 12-15 energy bites
1 cup of unsalted nuts, of choice (I used walnuts and almonds)
1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup of pitted Medjool dates
1/4 tsp of salt
Optional add-ins: vanilla extract, cinnamon, cocoa powder, etc.
1. In a food processor, process the nuts and coconut until crumbly.
2. Then add the pitted dates and salt (and optional ingredients) and process until combined.
3. Line a container with parchment paper, add the mixture, place another sheet of parchment, and press to evenly flatten out the mixture.
4. Close the container and place it in the freezer for 1 hour to set.
5. Then, use the bottom layer of parchment paper to remove it from the container. Place it on a chopping board, and cut it into bite size pieces.
6. Enjoy! Keep them in the container in the fridge or freezer to stay fresh.
Note: If you want to roll them into small balls you might need to add little bit of water while processing to help the mixture stick together.
Credit: Detoxinista's Date Energy Balls
Credit URL: https://detoxinista.com/date-energy-balls-vegan-paleo/