Updated: Nov 10, 2021
Adapted by Laura Vitale's gluten-free banana bread recipe.
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yields: 8-10 servings
2 1/4 cup of oat flour (grind rolled oats in a blender)
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 maple syrup
1/4 cup dates, pitted and chopped (or sub walnuts or chocolate chips)
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (or sub dates or chocolate chips)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup applesauce (or sub 2 Tbsp melted grass-fed butter and 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil)
3 Tbsp avocado oil
1/4 cup of milk of choice
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan* with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, toss the chopped dates and walnuts with a few tablespoons of the flour mixture and set those aside as well.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar, maple syrup, apple sauce and oil until combined. Add the eggs, bananas, vanilla, and milk. Whisk until the mixture is nice and smooth.
6. Add in your dry ingredients until everything is combined but don't over mix.
7. Fold in your dates and walnuts and pour the mixture into your prepared loaf pan.
8. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until fully cooked through.
Allow to cool completely before serving!
Note: You can bake these in a cupcake tray just bake them for 20-25 minutes or until you stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
Credit: Laura Vitale's Gluten Free Banana Bread
Credit URL: http://www.laurainthekitchen.com/recipes/gluten-free-banana-bread/