Homemade Almond Milk
Updated: Nov 9, 2021
The reason you don't want to avoid dairy products forever is because it's one of the foods that help us produce progesterone, the others two are eggs yolks and beef. When you aren't producing enough progesterone you might start breaking out due to PMS and you definitely won't have a healthy cycle at all!
Now, not all dairy products cause acne so you don't need to avoid all of them. However, if you can't digest any type of dairy (not even goat) having homemade non-dairy milk is totally fine, until you can heal your body to be able to digest dairy again.
Cover the almonds with enough water to soak overnight for 8 hours.
Yields: 4-5 cups
1 cup of almonds (soaked overnight)
4 cups of water (I used 5 cups)*
1. Drain and rinse the soaked almonds really well and add in the blender.
2. Next, add the water.
3. If you are using a high-speed blender, blend for 1 minute on the highest setting. If you are using a standard blender, blend for about 1 1/2 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, strain your milk through a nut milk bag (a cheesecloth or a clean cotton cloth will work too) and squeeze well to extract all the liquid.
5. You can use the leftover almond pulp in another recipe that calls for it, or you can discard it.
6. Keep it in the fridge in a sealed container, it will stay good for about 3-4 days. Enjoy!
Notes: The typical ratio of almonds to water is 1:4, but I like to make more almond milk so I use 5 cups of water, which makes 5 cups of almond milk.