Updated: Nov 10, 2021
These date bars are perfect for your Luteal Phase!
I find it easier to stick to seed cycling by making these date bars and eating one daily than having to think about how to get the seeds into my diet. I personally don't like that taste of sesame seeds on it's own so I find it easier to consume this way. I hope you enjoy this recipe and that it helps you stay consistent with seed cycling!
Serving 1 bar per day
Prep time: 15 minutes
Makes 14 Bars
2 cups Medjool dates, pitted (~20 dates)
1 cup walnuts
3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp unsalted sunflower seeds
3-4 Tbsp cacao powder, to taste
1/2-1 tsp cinnamon powder
few pinches of pink Himalayan salt
1. In a food processor, add the seeds and walnuts and process until broken down.
3. Add the cacao powder, cinnamon, salt, and pitted dates. Process until you reach a crumbly but slightly sticky mixture.
4. In a medium-size rectangular dish, place a piece of parchment paper. Add in the date mixture using a large spoon and use the back of the spoon to even out the mixture. Get it to be compact and as even as possible. Note: the top should look slightly oily.
5. Cover the dish and place in the freezer until it sets, at least 1 hour.
6. Use the sides of the parchment paper to lift the date bar and cut it into 14 even pieces.
7. Store in a container in the fridge.
8. Enjoy one daily with a lovely cup of herbal tea!